Read digital input
A tool that reads data from a digital I/O device and pushes it to processing. A new output signal is generated either synchronously using a software trigger or asynchronously each time the state of an input channel changes.
Depending on the configuration of the I/O device and its driver, the tool can output either binary values or integers. Binary values are used to indicate state change events such as low-to-high transitions of an input line. Integers can be used if the device has addressable hardware registers whose contents can be read as words.
- The zero-based index of the input channel whose state needs to be read. If this input is not connected, the value output will send a value each time the state of the channel changes.
- A table of the available input channels and their parameters. The channel input selects a row in this table.
- A trigger input that accepts any object type. If channel is set to a fixed value, this input can be used to trigger a read operation.
- The device ID of the I/O device. See device IDs.
- A flag that enables and disables device auto-configuration. See device configuration.
- The name of a parameter set to apply to the selected device at start-up. See device configuration.
- The new value of the channel.