The VisionAppster Engine is a cross-platform runtime for running vision apps. It provides platform-independent apps a consistent, high-performance execution environment. The Engine and all running apps can be controlled through a REST API published through the built-in web server.
The main components of the Engine are:
- Graph Executor
- A parallel executor for image analysis applications represented as data flow graphs.
- App Manager
- Manages apps and app repositories. Starts and stops applications and manages running processes. The API of the App Manager is published at
/manager/in the built-in web server, for example http://localhost:2015/manager/.
- API Manager
- Lets apps publish objects as remote or local services. Provides facilities for locating local and remote services. The APIs published by running apps are available at /apis/.
- Driver Manager
- Detects attached devices such as cameras and I/O devices. Provides an interface for querying and accessing the devices. The Driver Manager itself has no public API, but found cameras are published at /cameras/.
- Window manager
- Manages graphical windows created by UI apps. The window manager will only be available if the Engine is run in a desktop environment.
The VisionAppster Engine can be run a wide variety of hardware platforms and operating systems. The following table lists the officially supported hardware and operating system combinations.
- Windows and Linux on x86 are supported, but we are currently not building packages routinely due to lack of interest.