The VisionAppster Engine is a cross-platform runtime for running vision apps. It provides platform-independent apps a consistent, high-performance execution environment. The Engine and all running apps can be controlled through a REST API published through a built-in web server.
The main components of the Engine are:
- Graph Executor
- A parallel executor for image analysis applications represented as data flow graphs.
- Component Database
- Manages components installed from component packages (
.vapkgfiles). Provides facilities for installing, uninstalling and querying the database. The API of the component database is published at /componentdb/ in the built-in web server. Uploaded
.vapkgfiles are stored under /packages/.
- License Database
- Safely stores and updates licenses. Interacts with the platform's security mechanisms to prevent unauthorized use of installed components. The API of the license database is published at /licensedb/.
- App Manager
- Starts and stops installed apps and manages running processes. Its API is available at /manager/.
- API Manager
- Lets apps publish objects as remote or local services. Provides facilities for locating local and remote services. The APIs published by running apps are listed at /apis/.
- Driver Manager
- Detects attached devices such as cameras and I/O devices. Provides an interface for querying and accessing the devices. The Driver Manager itself has no public API, but found cameras are published at /cameras/.
The VisionAppster Engine can be run a wide variety of hardware platforms and operating systems. The following table lists the officially supported hardware and operating system combinations.
- Supported, but we are currently not building packages routinely.
- There is currently only a Raspberry Pi image available.